Broccolini® has been growing in Australia since 1999. It IS NOT Broccoli - it is a mix between broccoli and Chinese kale. Its mild, peppery, sweet and tender. An not only is it completely delicious, its also entirely edible- nothing to cut, nothing to waste. Learn more about the easy, versatile Broccolini®. Broccolini® can we stir-fried, barbequed, sautéed, boiled, microwaved and steamed.
Find out 6 must know facts about Broccolini® here.
Broccolini® is NOT baby broccoli. Learn how to spot real Broccolini® from baby broccoli disguised here.
HOW TO STORE BROCCOLINI®
Broccolini® is the perfect vegetable to keep on stand by in the fridge to whip up a quick dinner. Learn how to store your Broccolini® to ensure it remains fresh.
Broccolini® is chilled from the farm until it reaches the store.
Broccolini® will keep up to around 7 days. Follow the below tips:
1. Keep it cool- Get Broccolini® into the fridge after purchase.
2. Remove the biodegradable bands and tag. Store loosely in a reusable plastic bag. Don't seal completely- Broccolini® needs to breathe.
3. Don't rinse until just before using.
HOW TO FREEZE BROCCOLINI®
Take advantage of Broccolini® peak seasons and promotions. Learn the quick and easy steps to freeze your Broccolini®. Steps to freeze Broccolini®:
1. Drop Broccolini into a pan of salted boiling water.
2. Refresh in a bowl of iced water until cold.
3. Drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
4. Seal in a reusable zip lock bag and freeze.
HOW TO COOK BROCCOLINI®
Broccolini® is your favourite versatile vegetable that can be stir-fried, steamed, boiled, sautéed, microwaved, barbequed and baked.
Steps to stir-fry Broccolini®:
1. Heat oil in a wok. Add Broccolini® and toss. 2. Add honey, soy and teriyaki sauce and sesame seeds. 3. Plate and serve.
Steps to steam Broccolini®:
1. Add Broccolini® to a bamboo steamer. 2. Boil water in a wok and put bamboo steamer over wok. 3. Cook to preference and serve.
Steps to boil Broccolini®:
1. Salt water in a pot over the stove. 2. Add Broccolini® for a couple minutes and remove and place into a bowl of ice water.
Steps to microwave Broccolini®:
1. Place broccolini® onto a plate and cover with wet paper towel. 2. Microwave for a couple of minutes and serve.
Steps to sauté Broccolini®:
1. Add Broccolini® to a wok with garlic, spices, oil and butter. 2. Toss for a few minutes and serve.
Steps to bake Broccolini®:
1. Place broccolini® into an over proof pan. 2. Add oil and preferred spices. 3. Bake for a few minutes and serve.
Steps to barbeque Broccolini®:
1. Add oil and preferred seasoning to Broccolini®. 2. Add to grill and rotate after a couple minutes on each side. 3. Serve.
WHAT FLAVOURS TO PAIR BROCCOLINI® WITH
From a range of proteins to spices and other vegetables, Broccolini® is the perfect versatile veg with a flavour profile that is perfect with most things!
Broccolini® is great with:
Qukes® baby cucumbers, Mix-a-mato® tomatoes and Minicaps®
Chili, garlic, ginger
Rice and Pasta
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG TO GET UPDATES IN YOUR EMAIL